During the school years, children and adolescents are experiencing great physical, psychological and social development. To ensure that this development occurs normally, children and adolescents have energy and nutrient requirements.
The School canteen offers food service to students everyday during the following times:
Breakfast – 8:00-8:40am,
Break 1 – 11:00-11:40am
Break 2 – 1:40-2:10pm.
Catering For Schools Pty Ltd are Healthy Canteen Accredited and have been operating for over 10 years. They provide healthy food options every day. Hot and Cold fresh food is available daily over the counter via cash and Eftpos or via online ordering.
Canteen orders can be made via the Flexischools App. If using Flexischools for the first time, you will need to create an account and login.
The Canteen can be contacted via email: email@example.com
Follow the Canteen on Facebook for the menu and Daily and Weekly Specials at St Peter’s Tuggerah Canteen
Being awarded the NSW Department of Education, Healthy Canteen Strategy has the following benefits:
- The students are being provided with the nutrients they need to develop into healthy adults.
- Preventing diseases associated with poor diet, such as anaemia, osteoporosis and obesity.
- Reducing the rate of obesity is important, as obesity is linked with many other social and psychological problems.
- The students are provided with the nutritional education that can assist with the development of lifelong healthy eating habits.
- Parent confidence in the quality of food and beverages sold in our canteen.