Excellence Through Enrichment and Extension
Our enrichment and extension opportunities are designed to inspire excellence in all learners and seeks to enrich and extend the learning of knowledge and skills through relevant, stimulating and challenging opportunities.
At St Peter’s we provide diverse opportunities for learners to further develop their gifts and talents with peers who share similar aspirations, skills, and interests. Through our programs, learners can excel in one domain or in many and can achieve intellectually, creatively, socially, or physically.
Identifying and nurturing the gifts and talents of our young people requires a strong partnership between the family, our school and the wider community and we are guided through this process by the Catholic Schools Office.
To view the CSO Policy
Read Our Student Success Stories at
Each student is unique, and therefore, all learning experiences must take into account, the abilities, interests, and learning styles of the individual. St Peter’s provides quality enrichment and extension programs for the students within the College. Qualified teachers trained in Gifted Education, provide support and programs for enrichment and extension classes across the Key Learning Areas.
- Extension classes for HSC subjects
- Variety of competitions
- Study Skills
- Maths Challenge
- Night of the Notables (Year 8): Night of the Notables commenced in 2003. Night of the Notables is predominantly about transformation. Through a long and deep study of a famous person (preferably Australian), each student comes to realise both the gifts and the challenges that their chosen person has encountered in moving from potential to success. The student’s ‘transformation’ comes through identification with that Notable. The motivations, aspirations and values of that Notable, then serve as excellent role models.
- Musical competitions, e.g. Eisteddfods
Local, regional, national and international activities in which students participate. For example:
- Parish based Church in Action excursions to Sydney
- Indigenous Spiritual Tour to Central Australia
- Overseas visits to Cambodia and Bali with a social justice focus
- Dance Group – A mixed gender group that compete and excel in numerous competitions.
- College Musical – Performed every second year.
- Dance Art School
- Drama Art School
- Peripatetic – Students learn a variety of instruments and can obtain vocal tuition from external instructors co-ordinated with their timetables.
- Jazz Band Art School
- Choir Art School
Students are provided the opportunity to represent in a wide variety of sports at various levels:
- Regional including Diocesan