Sport at St. Peter’s Catholic College provides students with the opportunity to develop a healthy lifestyle and interact in a cooperative and competitive way with other students. Students have the opportunity to represent the College in external competitions in a variety of sports as well as a comprehensive and progressive internal sport program from Years 7 to 10.
The Sports Program aims to:
- Provide the opportunity for every student to participate in a wide variety of sports and activities.
- Promote physical fitness and a desire to participate in regular exercise.
- Introduce and develop specific skills in particular sports and activities.
- Facilitate the interaction of teachers, peers and students from other schools outside the normal classroom setting.
- Gain a sense of comradeship, belonging and pride within the school.
- Learn the true spirit of competition and co-operation in sport, i.e. winning is not everything.
- Encourage students to just ‘have a go’ and enjoy themselves.
- Enable the more skilled students to advance themselves in the representative sphere e.g. Diocesan, NSW (State) or National level.
- Enhance the students’ holistic educational process.
- Provide the opportunity for every student to participate in the College Swimming and Athletics Carnivals.